Job Title : Data Scientist – R&D
Experience : 4- 6 yrs
Location : Rajajinagar, Bangalore
Company Domain : Wearable Tech, IoT
- Data Sciences team at FanPlay uses data and algorithms to build large scale systems to enable better decision making for the business as well as render better customer experience. Some of the areas of our focus are Personalisation, Sentiment Analysis, Demand Sensing, Recommendation Systems, Search etc. Some of the cool things we are working on!
- Decoding natural fan language using fan Contexts using Word Embeddings. Building novel algorithms for fan Personalization & Recommendations. Building dynamic language learning and novel metrics to evaluate to improve the experience. Building prediction models to improve promise times. Building optimization models to improve supply chain costs
- Technical Guidance : As a data scientist, you will have the opportunity to leverage FanPlay rich data to develop data products that are used by millions of users and propel the growth of our business. You will collaborate with a strong team of engineers, product managers and fellow data scientists in defining the frontier of data products. Data scientists will work on how to evaluate potential approaches, build features, statistical/machine learning models and determine metrics. You will communicate insights/recommendations to a wide spectrum of stakeholders across the company.
- Execution and Delivery: You will be expected to instill and follow good software development practices and ensure the timely delivery of high-quality products. You should be familiar with agile practices as well as be able to adapt these to the needs of the business, with a constant focus on product quality.
Required Candidate profile
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Advanced degree in the quantitative field preferred.
- 4+years industry experience developing machine learning model sat scale from inception to business impact.
- Deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinnings such as classification, recommendation systems, and natural language processing.
- Proven ability to tailor machine learning solutions to business problems in a cross-functional team.
- Experience with distributed machine learning and computing framework (Spark, Hadoop, Mahout or equivalent). Applied experience preferred.
- Strong programming skill (Python, R, or Scala preferred).
- Experience productionizing machine learning model is a plus.
- High proficiency in at least one of the following broad areas:
- Machine learning
- Statistical modeling/inference
- Information retrieval,
- Data mining
- Technical depth : You have the strong technical competence required to gain credibility. Ability to architect, design and code yourself. Technical experience in building and operating web-based applications. Deep understanding of all layers of the web-stack work (from the client interface to the database. ) Knowledge of multiple technology stacks/languages/tools and their pros/cons.
- Execution ability : Focus on delivering products in a timely manner with high quality. Familiarity with multiple software development practices and tools, and the proven ability to adapt, champion and institute good practices and tools.
- You must have a degree in Computer Science or a related field. Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, concurrency and fundamentals of computer science.
If you are interested in this position, send in your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org