- Technical Guidance : As a data scientist, you will have the opportunity to leverage FanPlay rich data to develop data products that are used by millions of users and propel the growth of our business. Data scientists will work on how to evaluate potential approaches, build features, statistical/machine learning models and determine metrics. You will communicate insights/recommendations to a wide spectrum of stakeholders across the company.
- Execution and Delivery: You will be expected to instill and follow good software development practices and ensure the timely delivery of high-quality products.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Advanced degree in the quantitative field preferred.
- Deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinnings such as classification, recommendation systems, and natural language processing.
- Experience with distributed machine learning and computing framework (Spark, Hadoop, Mahout or equivalent). Applied experience preferred.
- Strong programming skill (Python, R, or Scala preferred).
- High proficiency in at least one of the following broad areas:
- Machine learning
- Statistical modeling/inference
- Information retrieval
- Data mining
- Technical depth : You have the strong technical competence required to gain credibility. Ability to architect, design and code yourself. Technical experience in building and operating web-based applications. Deep understanding of all layers of the web-stack work (from the client interface to the database. ) Knowledge of multiple technology stacks/languages/tools and their pros/cons.
- Execution ability : Focus on delivering products in a timely manner with high quality. Familiarity with multiple software development practices and tools, and the proven ability to adapt, champion and institute good practices and tools.